If a wound has not healed for more than six weeks and discomforts the patient it has to be immediately treated by the qualified doctors or it could lead to other serious concerns. Machakos Hospital has a Wound Care Centre with broad and committed wound management system. The centre consists of dedicated medical team comprising well trained doctors and nurses to handle the wound problems. Our doctors examine the patients carefully and prepare the treatment plan according to the type of wound the patients encompass. They plan in a way starting from doing the first aid for wounds and healing it safely by avoiding amputation. Our team will help you throughout the treatment and makes you feel comfortable and also gives out productive results.
Some of the wounds that we manage at our hospital include,
- Diabetic WoundsIt occurs in diabetic patients that does not heal easily and requires prompt management so that it does not spread to other areas and develops into severe infection.
- Venous Ulcers or Leg UlcersIt is a superficial ulcer that is formed mainly in the leg valves do not drain the blood back to the heart and if not treated will recur often.
- Arterial Ulcers or Ischemic WoundsThis wound mainly targets the legs and the toes (the joints or tips) and is formed because of insufficient blood supply inside the arteries (Atherosclerosis). It causes severe pain at night and will not heal completely if left untreated.
- BurnsIt is a frequently occurring injury to everyone and the treatment depend on the reason and the extent of the injury. Most of them recuperate themselves easily without any major hazard but the more serious forms require emergency care or it will be fatal.
- Trauma WoundsIf a wound does not improve even after three months period, the wound is said to be Chronic. Wounds such as Ischemic, Surgical, and Radiation poisoning and infectious are examples. It requires removal of dead tissues by surgery and medications advised by the doctor.
- Chronic WoundsIf a wound does not improve even after a three month period, the wound is said to be Chronic. Wounds such as Ischemic, Surgical and Radiation poisoning are examples. It requires removal of dead tissues by surgery and medications advised by the doctor.
- Pressure SoresIt is the damage caused to skin by constant rubbing to the surface when lying on the bed or sitting for long time. It needs immediate care to avoid other complications.
- Irradiated WoundsThese wounds occur due to the effects of radiation and are serious concern and hence prompt management is needed.